Monday, September 1, 2008

Cutting brakes, CB and minor carnage

Doing stuff like this:
Leads to this:

And this:
Here are more shots of the 4x4 play area and me climbing the steps. I don't think I actually lost my bumper here, I think I lost it on a worse obstacle, or loosened itand then it came off while driving on one of the trails, I wasn't able to find it.





I'm getting very lazy with the blog business, so let me know if you want details on the cutting brakes made from bolt cutter handles, otherwise I'll let the pics speak for themselves.

Finally I installed a CB that my brother in law gave me. His father had it on his boat or in the vehicle they towed the boat with. Its looks like its from the right era for this old car.

Yeh I went thru this too.

2 comments:

JoshTheJest said...

I'm interested in knowing where you got the bug in the first place. Many of the bugs I have found are going for $2k-$3k.

Comment back, I subscribed to followup comments.

seshu said...

hey even i started working on cutting brakes, it would be helpful to me if u tell me, how u went on to integrate the cutting brakes to ur buggy, what all changes u have observed in the performance, and the calculations if any
my mail id satyaseshu1991@gmail.com